Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wed. July 9, 2008

I woke up at 5:22am after not sleeping very well last night, Randy told me this morning he had trouble sleeping also. He said it was still the effects of jet lag.
Yesterday was pretty much uneventful. I stayed here at the house all day. I ran 5.5 miles came home spent some time in the pool. Then came in for lunch. (Are you feeling sorry for me yet?)
Made me a cajun chicken breast sandwich, which was the first thing I had eaten all day. Patirica, Randy's maid, came in to do the laundry, ironing, and cook supper. (Now you're feeling sorry for me aren't you.)

I did some studying in the afternoon trying to figure out what I should preach on Friday and Sat. I think I will speak to the American Embassy about Luke 17:1-10 "We Shouldn't Expect a Thank for Doing What God Command Us" at the Filipino Embassy I'm praying about preaching on forgivness. I'll keep praying and studying to find out what God would have me say.
I didn't get to the TLC so I will go there today.
I went to my facebook this morning and found this ode that Jonathan Williams wrote and thought it was pretty good so here it is. Notice pedestrian polo that's the same as Hit the Crazy Ammerican Game I think I like pedestrian polo better.

"Oh, beloved Kuwait, how I've missed you so. As I gazed upon the beautiful scenery of your piles of sand, I can't help but think of what a wonderful country I am in.A country where humidity blinds any who wears glasses upon leaving a building. A country where we are overjoyed when temperatures reach a nice and cool 100 degrees. A country where citizens are serenaded early in the morning by those wonderfully talented, and tone deaf prayer singers. A country where pedestrian polo is the biggest national sport. A country where traffic laws are made for somebody else to follow. A country where it takes no more than half an hour to get anywhere as long as you actually know where you're going.Yes, I've missed you, Kuwait. Your unique sense of style. Who would have thought of using cars, or their remains, as decorations scattered throughout the roadways and in the middle of traffic circles? Only you, Kuwait. So, here's to you, oh great country no bigger than Rhode Island. You will always be "precious" to me."

Well that's it for now. I wonder what adventure awaits today.
runrandall

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know, its a hard job but someone has to do it. Seriously,if possible try to package Patricia and bring her home, that would be a great souvenier.

Ron said...

And it cost all of 4 bucks to fill up your car. Yeah, I feel sorry for you.

Anonymous said...

I feel for ya dad, it is a wonder how you are going to make it all those days in those conditions.

Mike